ISPO UK Travel Bursary
ISPO UK MS supports its members to attend the ISPO World Congress through the provision of ISPO UK Travel Bursaries.
The ISPO World Congress is a unique interactive forum where the global community of professionals involved in the care of persons in need of prosthetic, orthotic, mobility and assistive devices comes together to learn about the latest scientific and clinical advances, products, innovative technologies, designs and materials in P&O care. And it’s one of the premier platforms in the rehabilitation calendar for showcasing research and developments. Held every two years, the next ISPO World Congress will be held in Guadalajara, Mexico from 19 - 22 April 2021.
Visit the World Congress website regularly for full information including deadline dates for submission of free paper and poster abstracts, conference registration, accommodation and travel details.
Criteria for Application for ISPO UK Travel Bursary
- Applicants must be fully paid up members of ISPO UK MS for 2021 (and the preceding two years).
- Applicants must have either a poster or paper accepted for the World Congress (free paper session, symposium or instructional course).
- Successful applicants will be expected to submit a written report to ISPO UK (including images) of their experience at the World Congress, for publication in the ISPO UK e-bulletin and website.
Written applications should be forwarded by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and should include the following information:-
- Reason for application including details of poster or paper presentation
- Estimated costs (travel, hotel, accommodation).
- All applications will be assessed by a panel comprising ISPO UK Executive Committee members.
- The decision of the panel will be final.
ISPO UK awarded FIVE travel bursaries to the 2019 World Congress in Kobe, Japan. Read what our awardees had to say about their experiences, then make a decision and set your goal now to apply for a 2021 World Congress bursary.